The White House said on Monday not to believe the reports of an explosion on January 21 on a nuclear site underground uranium enrichment in Iran after Tehran was also denied.
We do not believe that such information is reliable, said Jay Carney, spokesman for President Barack Obama during his daily press briefing. We are not in possession of information that would confirm (this information) and we do not believe this information is reliable, he said.
Earlier on Monday, Iran has denied an explosion on January 21 its underground nuclear site in Fordo, south of Tehran, who have trapped hundreds of people.
There was no explosion at the site of Fordo, said Shamseddine Bor-Boroudi, the deputy head of the Iranian Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), cited by the media.
According to information published by an American website Conservative adopted by other Western media, an explosion shook him last Monday the nuclear site buried under a mountain near the holy city of Qom, and 200 people were stranded at the inside.
Iran and the major powers are engaged for several years in a standoff on Iran's controversial nuclear program. Iran and the P5 +1 group (the United States, Russia, China, France, Britain and Germany) have resumed contact in mid-December for the next meeting.
The P5 +1 proposed on 28 and 29 January in Istanbul, an offer that Iran has not accepted (...). We proposed another set of dates and places in February and we are waiting for the Iranians. The ball is in their court, said the spokesman for the State Department Victoria Nuland.
The great powers and Israel suspect the Islamic Republic of trying to develop atomic weapons under the cover of its civilian program, which Tehran denies.
Washington favors a strategy for months to double-track vis-à-vis Iran, combining economic sanctions and diplomatic negotiations.
John Kerry, who should become the next Secretary of State, reiterated last week the position of President Barack Obama: The United States will do whatever they need to do that Iran does not have the atomic bomb.